Swiss Style Screw Micro-Machining can produce complex precision components to your specifications.
- We utilize Swiss style automatic lathes and CNC turning lathes.
- Committed to delivering the highest quality turned components in-time and on-time.
- Our capacity is up to 20mm diameter in stainless steel, aluminum, plastics, brass and titanium.
- Extremely accurate and capable of cutting very intricate shapes to tolerances as tight as .0002”
- Equipped with 5-axis capabilities, allowing tapered cuts or other complex geometric shapes.
- Strict control for each production piece carries our reputation for quality and consistency.
- We tailor you needs for high precision small prototype runs or long runs with superb accuracy.
Focused Beam is been committed to delivering the highest quality turned components. Using Swiss style automatic lathes and CNC turning lathes, we can produce complex precision components to your print specifications. Our capacity is up to 20mm diameter, with our specialties being small parts made of stainless steel, aluminum, plastics, brass and titanium. Focused Beam takes great pride in On-Time Deliveries and Quality Parts. We tailor to your needs, whether it’s prototypes or long runs.
Swiss-type screw machines were developed in Switzerland to manufacture watch parts. This allowed them to compete with American watch manufacturers by making high precision parts in high volume. Most CNC Swiss screw machines are made in Japan by Star, Citizen, and Tsugami.
All screw machines are fully automated, whether mechanically (via cams) or by CNC (computerized control), which means that once they are set up and started running, they continue running and producing parts with very little human intervention. This has been true since the 1870s. Mechanical automation came first, beginning in the 1870s; computerized control (via first NC and then CNC) came later, beginning in the 1950s.